The option to set a session to private has 2 functions:
- Allows the event admin to pre-register attendees to that session
- Allows the event admin to hide the session from all other attendees so that only attendees who are registered for that session can see the session.
Pre-registering Attendees to a Session
- Open your session details
- Turn on Set session as private
- Click the Registrants tab
- Type in the name of the attendee and select the attendee from the dropdown to pre-register the attendee to the workshop session.
- Note: If it's not allowing you to add the attendee, just refresh your screen. This usually happens to mac users.
- Note: If you're solely doing this to pre-register attendees with no intention of making the session private, then you can go ahead and turn off the toggle for setting the session to private after you pre-register your attendees.
Frequently Asked Questions About Private Sessions
Which sessions can be set to private?
- Meet Up (Networking)
Who can see a private session?
- Attendees who are registered for that session
- Speakers for that session
- Superadmins (Accelevents)
If the attendee's ticket is set to allow access to join the private session, but the attendee has not pre-registered to the session, will the attendee be able to join the session?
- No, if the session is set to private and the attendee who has a valid ticket to the session has not pre-registered yet for that session, then the attendee cannot join the session.
If the attendee's ticket is not allowed access to join the private session, will the admin be able to pre-register that attendee to the session?
- No, only attendees with tickets that has access to join the session can be pre-registered to a session.
If the session is set to private and the toggle to "Hide this session from attendees who cannot register for this session" is not enabled, will the attendees who cannot register for the session see the private session?
- No, if the session is set to private, only admins and attendees who have already pre-registered for the private session can see it.
If the speaker doesn't have a ticket or is not pre-registered to a private session, can they enter the session?
- Yes, as long as they are added as a speaker to that session.
If the session is hidden and set to private, will the registrants of the session be able to see the session on the agenda?
- No, the registrants will not see the session. A hidden session is hidden to everyone.