Technical troubleshooting can be tough! Here are some general troubleshooting tips (in order of the first to last steps) that our support team uses daily.
Use the recommended browser, Chrome
- We do support Firefox and Safari
- We do not support Internet Explorer
Disable any ad-blocker extensions in Chrome.
AND disable ad-blockers in Chrome Settings/Preferences.
1. Three dots in the upper right hand corner > Settings OR Chrome > Preferences
2. Site Settings
3. Content > Pop-ups and Redirects
4. Toggle the setting from Blocked to Allowed OR add www.accelevents.com to the "Allow" list.
Use Incognito Mode.
In Chrome there is a separate, and private, web browsing mode called 'Incognito'. Safari and Firefox both offer this as well - called "Private Browsing".
In Incognito, none of your browsing history, cookies and site data, or information entered in forms are saved on your device. Websites see you as a new user and won’t know who you are. This provides a quick way to get around stored cookies & cache that might affect your experience within the Virtual Event.
To open an Incognito Browser go to either the 3-dots on the upper right hand corner of your Chrome browser OR File > New Incognito Browser.
Clear your History & Cache
Clearing the history & cache will be the final step before restarting your device (see below). Clearing the history & cache will fix certain problems, like loading or formatting issues on web pages. This will also help your device load and run faster online.
1. Go Settings/Preferences on your Google Chrome.
2. Click on 'Privacy and Security' then 'Clear browsing data'.
3. At the top of the pop up, choose a time range.
* Select either 'All time' or at minimum 'last 7 days'.
4. Next to 'Browsing history', 'Cookies and other site data', and 'Cached images and files,' check the boxes.
5. Click Clear data.
Video, Audio, Screen Sharing, and Notification Permissions:
These permissions need to be 'allowed' in order for the platform to work as expected. If you are a speaker and attempting to open the backstage, you will need to have camera and microphone enabled in order to even join. If you are an attendee you will need to have your notifications turned on to receive alerts for chats.
Enable the camera and microphone in your browser once alert appears.
If you didn't have that pop up you'll need to go through your browser settings > site settings in order to enable permissions. From here you can also enable camera, microphone, sound, notifications, etc by going into your site settings from the lock icon in the URL bar or the 3 dots in the upper right hand corner.
* You will need to refresh your page after updating these permissions.
If you plan on sharing your screen in any session, workshop, or networking meeting please allow screen recording (Mac users):
1. Navigate to System Preferences, click the "Security and Privacy" icon and then choose "Screen Recording" on the sidebar.
2. From Screen Recording click the box next to Google Chrome to allow screen sharing for the Accelevents Studio. You may need to click the unlock icon in the bottom-left.
3. Next, click "Quit Now". You will not be able to screen share until you quit and restart Google Chrome.
If problems are still experienced while attempting to share camera, video, or screen access please be sure to COMPLETELY close out of ALL PROGRAMS & APPLICATIONS that are not relevant to your participation in the Virtual Event.
Often times programs and applications that appear to be closed are still running in the background. Camera, audio, and screen sharing will not be able to share access between the application and browser.
* Zoom is a common culprit of this!
Still running into problems? Stop here and restart your device!
At this point please restart your device to clear out your RAM which will optimize functionality and performance!
* How does your RAM affect your participation in the Virtual Event?
As you open and close programs and applications they add to your device's RAM usage. Even when "closed" they aren't completely closed - remnants of applications stick around, leaving less and less room for new apps. Things may start to slow down a little bit — not only does it have to load the app, but things have to be shuffled around in RAM to make room for the new applications to load. As things are moved in and out of RAM, they get scattered — pieces of code from the same software can be found all throughout RAM.
* How does restarting fix functionality and performance?
It’s actually really simple: when you restart your device, everything that’s in RAM is cleared out. All the fragments of previously running applications are purged, and all currently open applications are killed. When the device reboots, RAM is basically “cleaned,” so you’re starting with a fresh slate. And with that, things are snappier!
VPN and Firewall Restrictions:
A Virtual Private Network (VPN) uses encrypted connections and therefore will restrict and block video and audio access. These restrictions will often affect both input and output access.
* Please do not use a VPN so that you will have full access to the Virtual Event!
Firewalls are also a known culprit for minimizing platform optimization and participation. They are part of individual's or company's network security system that monitors and controls network traffic/access. These firewalls are often set up with predetermine security rules, and can vary in permissions. It is advised to use a personal device in order to access the platform, or please whitelist:
Ports: 443/tcp, 20000-65000/udp
Email domain: @accelevents.com with IP 184.108.40.206
Inspect - Console and Network Logs
Sometimes the best way to troubleshoot is to actually pull up the 'Inspect Element' tool in order to view the HTML & CSS of the webpage.
1. Right click on the page and go to 'Inspect'.
2. The 'Inspect' menu will appear on the right hand side.
3. Navigate to the 'Console' tab.
Please take a screenshot of the entire browser page including the URL bar + console log, and include any relevant and applicable details (event name, event URL, attempted action, error message, etc) to our support team.