1. Create a Meeting in Zoom
- Login to Zoom.us
- Click Schedule a Meeting
- Enter the your meeting details and save
- Copy the Meeting ID and passcode
2. Create session in Accelevents
- Go to Sessions & Speakers
- Click Add Session
- Select either Main Stage or Breakout as session type
- Enter your session details
- Select Zoom as your Stream Provider
- Paste the Meeting ID and passcode you copied from step 1
- Make sure there are no extra spaces
- Note: If you add a speaker to this session, an automatic email will be sent to them, the email will contain a link that redirects to the My Talks tab in the virtual event hub. To turn off the automatic email, click AGENDA SETTINGS from Sessions & Speakers tab and disable automatic speaker invite email.
3. Start the broadcast
There are 2 ways to start the broadcast
- Start in the My Talks tab
- Start directly in Zoom
My Talks Tab
- Click the My Talks tab
- Click Launch Zoom
- Go back to Zoom and click Start This Meeting
- Once started, your broadcast will be live in Accelevents
- When attendees join the session in Accelevents, you should see a request to join the meeting from your Zoom meeting. Click that to add the attendee to your meeting / session. Click here to learn more on how to change this setting in Zoom.
Speaker View in Zoom:
Attendee View in Accelevents:
Tips to make sure that Zoom works with Accelevents
- Check your room capacity, Zoom has a limit of 100 attendees but you can increase that on higher plans.
- When setting up in Zoom, uncheck all these boxes
Frequently Asked Questions About Zoom Integration
Zoom has many limitations with their browser based access. Some of the frequently asked questions related to Zoom's browser based access are:
Can there be a gallery view?
- No, when using Zoom in Accelevents, only 1 person can be seen on screen. Whoever is speaking will be featured on screen.
- The speaker have the option to change to gallery view from Zoom, however attendees viewing from the virtual event hub will not have this option.
Can the translation feature work?
- No, the translation button will not show up when integrated with Accelevents
Can the closed captioning feature work?
Can the Zoom chat feature be used?
Can the Zoom Breakout functionality be used?
- Yes as of January 11, 2021. Click here to learn how to create and manage breakout rooms in Zoom.
Will attendees need a passcode?
- If you add your passcode in your Accelevents session settings, attendees won't need a passcode
Can I record my Zoom session?
- It will not be recorded in Accelevents, but you have an option to save it in Zoom
What happens if I go over the session schedule? Will Zoom be cut off?
- No, the session will just continue
Do I need a paid version of zoom to make it work?
- No, it will work with a free account
Do attendees need to login to Zoom?
- No, they just need to enter your event and click "Join" for that session
Will the speaker still see the chat in Accelevents?
- Yes, if they view the session from the virtual event hub
- Note: speakers do not need a ticket to view their session as an attendee
Can speakers share their screen while using Zoom?
How can attendees view the replay in Accelevents?
- You can download the recording from Zoom and upload it to a new session in Accelevents. You can just hide the old session.
Can I use the same Zoom meeting ID for concurrent sessions?
- No, it will not work
Can I use a virtual background in my Zoom session?
Can attendees watch on mobile or tablet?
- It will work fine for android
- Audio will not work for iPhone and iPad. Click here to learn more
Can I utilize Zoom's waiting room?
- Yes, you can. You just need to manually admit each attendee once they join the session.
Can I use Zoom Webinar?
Is there a limit to the number of attendees in a Zoom session?
- If your Zoom account has a limit for number of attendees then that limit will follow if that number is lower than your set capacity in Accelevents.
- Example: If your session capacity in Accelevents is 500 and your Zoom capacity is 100, only 100 can enter the session. If your session capacity in Accelevents is 100 and your Zoom capacity 500, only 100 can enter the session. It follows the lower number.
How can I make sure that my speakers appear as panelists and not as attendees when they enter the Zoom webinar.
- You need to add your speakers as panelists in the Invite Panelist settings in Zoom, then make registration required so that when the speaker tries to enter the Zoom webinar, they will be asked for their email address, which will verify them as panelists. Note that requiring registration will also require attendees to enter their information when they join the Zoom webinar.
- Another option is to have the speakers start the broadcast directly in Zoom (through the Zoom link) instead of clicking the Launch Zoom button in the My Talks tab.
- Lastly, anyone who's already a panelist in the Zoom webinar can change an attendee to be a panelist.