1. Create a Meeting in Zoom
- Login to Zoom.us
- Click Schedule a Meeting
- Enter the your meeting details and save
- Copy the Meeting ID and passcode
2. Create session in Accelevents
- Go to Sessions & Speakers
- Click Add Session
- Select either Main Stage or Breakout as session type
- Enter your session details
- Select Zoom as your Stream Provider
- Paste the Meeting ID and passcode you coped from step 1
- Make sure there are no extra spaces
- Note: If you add a speaker to this session, an automatic email will be sent to them, ensure to turn off that automatic email first since that email is only applicable to sessions using the Accelevents Backstage Studio Link for broadcasting. To turn it off click AGENDA SETTINGS from Sessions & Speakers tab and disable automatic speaker invite email.
3. Start the broadcast
- Go back to Zoom and click Start This Meeting
- Once started, your broadcast will be live in Accelevents
- When attendees join the session in Accelevents, you should see a request to join the meeting from your Zoom meeting. Click that to add the attendee to your meeting / session.
Speaker View in Zoom:
Attendee View in Accelevents:
Frequently Asked Questions About Zoom Integration
Zoom has many limitations with their browser based access. Some of the frequently asked questions related to Zoom's browser based access are:
Can there be a gallery view?
- No, when using Zoom in Accelevents, only 1 person can be seen on screen. Whoever is speaking will be featured on screen
Can the translation feature work?
- No, the translation button will not show up when integrated with Accelevents
Can that Zoom chat feature be used?
Can the Zoom Breakout functionality be used?
- As of 9/1/2020 Breakout Rooms are not supported in Zoom through a browser. Zoom is expecting to release this in early 2021.
Will attendees need a passcode?
- If you add your passcode in your Accelevents session settings, attendees won't need a passcode
Can I record my Zoom session?
- It will not be recorded in Accelevents, but you have an option to save it in Zoom
What happens if I go over the session schedule? Will Zoom be cut off?
- No, the session will just continue
Do I need a paid version of zoom to make it work?
- No, it will work with a free account