If a broadcast in the Accelevents studio is interrupted & restarted for any reason, this will result in multiple recordings. But fret not! This tutorial will walk you through how to combine them into one recording for your attendees for view.
First go to the Agenda & Speakers page & click to edit the session that you are looking to combine the recordings for. Once you've opened it up you will want to change 3 things:
-Add a keyword like "OLD" to the front of the session name, to signify that this is the session with the spliced recordings
-If your session was on the main stage, switch it to a breakout session, freeing up the session's time slot on the stage
-Mark the session as hidden by clicking the green eye icon
2. Download ALL recordings for that session from the Default Playback area
3. Open your favorite video editor (Ex. iMovie, Adobe Premier, Movavi), create a new project & upload ALL recordings from the session. Arrange the recordings into the correct order of the session & if desired, make any other edits. Once satisfied with your new video, download it as an MP4 or MOV.
4. Back in your Admin Console, create a new session. Use the same name, date, time, session type, description & all other information as your original session. The goal here is to replicate it in every way!
Note: The only differences should be that the original session is hidden & that if applicable, was switched from a main stage to breakout session
5. In the Stream Provider area of your new session, choose the Direct Upload option & upload your new complete recording.
6. Once the file is uploaded, visit the Virtual Event Hub, head over to your Agenda & from there, the new session with the complete recording will be available for attendees to watch. They will not see or be able to access the original session with your spliced recording.