Setting up a venue? Don't stress! Follow our tips to make seating charts a breeze.
1. The first thing you’ll want to do is set up the ticket types for your event via the Set-Up-Tickets page. Each ticket type will be assigned its own category in the Venue Builder. This will allow different ticket types to purchase different seats.
TIP: If you have multiple price tiers for the same seat then you can create two ticket types and assign them to the same category.
2. On the same page, make sure that “Assigned Seating” is toggled on.
3. From there, scroll down to the bottom of the page and open up the Venue Designer. If this is your first time opening the Venue Designer, you will have the option of doing a quick tutorial. We highly suggest taking 60 seconds to do this!
4. If you have a reference chart or a picture of the floor plan, you can upload that to the Venue Builder. This will make it easy for you to layout your seats! We suggest keeping things simple so your chart is easy to understand.
5. To add tables or individual seats to your venue, click the “Table” or “Row” icon on the left-hand toolbar.
For Tables: Select your table shape and then on the right-hand side, set the number and location of the seats at the table. Place your table in the spot it will be at your venue by left-clicking on your trackpad or mouse.
For Individual Seats: Select the Row tool and choose whether you would like to set an individual row or set multiple roles at once. Click where you would like the row to begin and drag to where you would like it to end to set the row(s)
6. After designing the layout of your venue it’s time to designate seats for each ticket type. The ticket types you created in step one will show up as categories on the right side of the Venue Designer. To assign a seat, click on it and then select a ticket from the ‘Category’ section on the right-hand toolbar.
Purchasing entire tables:
- The Ticket Type you set up in Step 1 must have the same number of seats available as the table you are assigning it to. (For more on Ticket Bundles, click here).
- If you have multiple pricing options per seat such as an ‘Adult’ and ‘Child’ price you set that up too! In Step 1 when creating the ticket types just set that same ‘Category’ for each of the ticket types that you would like to group while setting up the ticket types
- Tip: You can assign tickets a category when you create them using the Set-Up Tickets tool.
- For more on Multi-Level Pricing, click here
7. Add other important venue features like restrooms, bars, stages, and exits using the very last icon on the lefthand toolbar in the Venue Builder.
8. To save your event, close the Venue Builder. A pop-up will ask if you would like to save your plans before exiting. To make any edits, simply reopen the Venue Builder and click the publish button in the upper left of the venue builder to save your edits.