Workshop sessions are best for roundtable open discussions between your attendees. Multiple workshop sessions can be scheduled at a time and will allow up to 16 attendees to be on camera at once and up to 250 attendees in the session with audio! This session type will stream from the Workshop tab of the virtual event hub.
Creating a Workshop Session
From your Admin Console > Agenda & Speakers > Add Session > Choose Workshop under Session Type.
In the Virtual Event Hub
Your attendees and speakers will be able to join this session from the Workshop tab of the Virtual Event Hub and join the discussion
View when someone shares their screen:
Pre-registering Attendees to a Workshop Session
As an admin, you now have the ability to pre-register your attendees to workshops!
- Open your session details
- Turn on Set session as private
- Note: If it's set to private, then the session can only be seen by attendees registered to that session.
- Click Refresh on your browser
- Go back to your session details and click the Registrants tab
- Type in the name of the attendee and select the attendee from the dropdown to pre-register the attendee to the workshop session
Frequently Asked Questions About Workshops
Are workshop sessions recorded?
- No, workshop sessions are not recorded.
How soon can I join a Workshop session?
- Workshop sessions will be open 2 minutes before their scheduled time.
How do you select who can be on camera?
- The first 16 to turn on their cameras should appear on screen.
Can admins or speakers turn on / off the cameras of other attendees?
- Yes, you can disable the camera for all or individual attendees.
- For enabling the camera, you can click on the icon, but it will not automatically enable it, the attendee will get a pop up message asking for permission to enable the camera.
Can admins or speakers mute or unmute other attendees?
- Yes, you can mute all or individual attendees.
- For unmuting, you can click on the icon, but it will not automatically unmute it, the attendee will get a pop up message asking for permission to unmute.
Can admins and speakers kick out attendees from the session?
How will speakers enter the session?
- When you add a speaker to this session, an automatic email will be sent to them, from that email, they can click the link to join the session.
- To turn off the automatic email, click AGENDA SETTINGS from Sessions & Speakers tab and disable automatic speaker invite email.
- When assigned to one or more Workshop sessions, speakers will be able to join them through the My Talks page.
Can attendees share their screen?
Can videos be shared?
What happens if the session schedule is over and there are still people in the workshop?
- The session will continue even if the timer on the top right side has run out
What happens when I raise my hand? What do I see and what do other attendees see?
- When you raise your hand, the button text will change to "Hand Down"
- Everyone else the workshop will see a small hand icon on the top left side of your video or icon placeholder box.
What's the difference of a Workshop Session and a Breakout Session?
- Workshops will allow attendees to be on camera and mic
- Breakouts will not allow attendees to be on camera and mic, only speakers can do this
- Workshops will allow only up to 250 attendees
- Breakouts will allow unlimited number of attendees
- Workshops are not recorded
- Breakouts are recorded
What can we do if the video sharing option is not working?
- Make sure to disable Chrome's Hardware Acceleration setting
- Google Chrome comes equipped with hardware acceleration, a feature which takes advantage of your computer’s GPU to speed up processes and free vital CPU time. However, sometimes driver incompatibilities can cause this feature to misbehave and disabling it could save you a few headaches.