In this article, you'll learn how to set up a test session as an admin, broadcast as a speaker and join the session as an attendee.
- CHROME is the preferred browser to access the event page, virtual event hub and backstage studio link.
- You can do your test session on your actual event or you can create a duplicate event so that you don't need to change anything on your actual event.
- Activating your event is not required when testing, but it would be easier if you activate so that you don't need to add your attendees as admins. JUST KEEP YOUR TOTAL NUMBER OF TEST PARTICIPANTS TO UNDER 15 SO WE WONT CHARGE YOU.
- If you decide not to activate your event, and you're just doing a test on demo mode, all your ATTENDEES MUST BE ADDED AS ADMINS.
- You cannot test a live session if your session time is in the past or future. It has to be NOW.
- If you cannot adjust your session date, go to your EVENT DETAILS tab to change the event start date to today, make the event end date NOT the same date as today, then go back to your session to update it.
- If there is no option to change the date in the Event Details tab, go to SETTINGS > GENERAL SETTING > ENABLE TICKETING then go back to the Event Details tab.
Set Up a Session as an Admin
1. Set up your event details
- Go to Event Details
- Make sure the date is covered for your testing date (today) and select your timezone
- Event Format: Online
- Enable Sessions
- Event type: Conference
Note: If your event start and end date is the same, you won't be able to change your session date. We suggest that you extend your end date for the purpose of testing.
2. Set up your tickets
- Go to Set-up Tickets
- Create a free ticket tier that is available now to purchase
3. Add admins
- Go to Settings > Manage Team
- Add the email addresses of your attendees as admins if you did not activate your event (you can delete them as admins after your test)
- Click here to learn more about adding team members
4. Set up your sessions
- Go to Sessions | Speakers
- Click Add Session
- Session type: Breakout Session
- Make the date and time for now
- Select Accelevents as your stream provider
- Make sure Accelevents Studio is selected not the RTMP Stream
- Click here to learn more about session types
5. Add a speaker to your session
- After setting up you session details, click the Speaker tab on the right side menu and add a speaker to this session using the speaker email address you added as admin
- After adding the speaker, they should receive an automatic email invite which has 2 links for your event: the backstage link for the session and the link to the My Talks page in the virtual event hub
- If you want to resend this invite, just click the Calendar icon from the speaker tab inside the session details.
- Click here to learn more about adding speakers
Login as a Speaker
1. Access the link in your speaker email
Earlier, we sent an invite to the speaker, in that email the speaker should see the link to go directly to the My Talks tab in the virtual event hub and the backstage link to that session.
- Click the first link from the email (My Talks link)
- Click Start Your Talk to start broadcasting. This should redirect you to the studio link on another tab.
2. Check your Camera and Microphone Settings
- Make sure that your browser allows camera and microphone access
- Make sure your camera and microphone are enabled in your Accelevents Studio
- Make sure to check the volume and camera output settings of your Accelevents Studio
- When you're ready, click Start Broadcast to start live streaming
- Click here to learn more on what to do as a speaker
Sign Up as an Attendee
1. Access the event page
- Click the View Site button and select View Event Site
- Since you’re an admin, when you access that page, you’ll be logged in already.
- Log out or open the event page through an incognito window so that you can sign in / register and purchase a ticket using your attendee email address
2. Access the virtual event hub
- Click Enter Event from you event page. This will take you to the Virtual Event Hub
- Go to Sessions
- Click Join to see the live broadcast
- Click here to learn more on what to do as an attendee