If your event has multiple speakers/sessions within it or you want to create an agenda for your event, Accelevents has your back. Setting up an agenda for your event allows you to answer questions for your attendees like where is the next session being held? Who are the keynote speakers? What sessions are the most interesting for me? But designing your event agenda is just as much a way to help your attendees as it is a way for you to keep track of which sessions are generating the most interest and how many people have registered for each session.
Note: Chrome is the preferred browser to access the event page, virtual event hub, and backstage studio link.
If you are looking to set up an agenda just make sure that on the Event Details page you have selected the following:
- Event Type: Conference
- Event Format: Online or Hybrid
Once you've done that you add sessions and speakers under the Agenda & Speakers tab.
You can add these details to your session.
- Session Type
- Start and End Time
- Stream Provider
- Ticket Types
Session Type: You have 6 options to choose from that allow you to specify the kind of session you’re creating, (Main Stage, Breakout, Meet Up, Break, Expo, or Other).
- Main Stage: This session will appear on the Stage tab in your virtual event hub. This option is best for large sessions like keynotes, event kick-offs, or conclusions. Only 1 main stage session can be scheduled at a time.
- Breakout Session: This session will appear on the Session tab in your virtual event hub. This option works best for smaller, more targeted sessions. You can schedule as many concurrent breakout sessions.
- Meetup: This session will appear on the Networking tab in your virtual event hub. This session type is used for networking, cocktail hours, & other socializing options. Attendees will be randomly matched up & be able to video chat for a few minutes before being re-shuffled & matched with a new attendee.
- Break: This session type will only appear where your agenda is shown and does not have a stream provider field. This option is best for scheduling breaks in your agenda.
- Expo: This session type will only appear where your agenda is shown and does not have a stream provider field. This option works for scheduling dedicated time in your agenda for your attendees to visit exhibitors’ booths without missing any content!
- Other: This session type will only appear where your agenda is shown and does not have a stream provider field. This can be used for any placeholder you would like on your agenda.
Stream Provider allows you and your speakers to create a web conference and broadcast it to an unlimited number of people for virtual events. You can use the Accelevents built-in stream provider, or you can use 3rd party live stream applications like Zoom, Wistia, Youtube, or Facebook. You can click this link for more information on live streaming with Accelevents.
Capacity allows you to set the number of people who can register and enter the session.
Ticket Types will allow you to customize which ticket tier can access the session.
Tracks and Tags can be added to help your guests figure out where they need to be.
Tracks allow you to designate sessions specifically for different focuses at your event, sort of like an umbrella of topics. For example, if your event has sessions for marketing, sales, and customer success professionals, you’ll be able to label events so everyone knows specifically which sessions to attend. When designing a track it is best practice to only have one session suggested per time slot. The goal of a track is to make it easy for your participants to identify which sessions will be of the highest value for what they’re looking to learn.
Tags allow you to add specific keywords to your session that relate to specific topics or interests. This is a great way to group similar content and make it easy for guests to find the most valuable sessions for them to attend.